Fixed two bugs that were introduced when adding the "dark" design (see below).
This update fixes a problem that occurred in the past two days and that affected users who were syncing directly with Google via email/password or AuthSub and who had changed settings of single calendars (e.g. the color of a calendar):
In Google Calendar each calendar and event has an identifier. This identifier is used to see which calendars or events are the same. E.g. when Google Calendar reports that there was a change in event "A" CalenGoo checks if it already knows event "A" and then either modifies the existing event "A" or creates a new event if it didn’t know event "A" yet.
The identifier is also used for calendars. When CalenGoo syncs it downloads the current list of calendars and checks which calendars it already knows and which are new. It also sees which calendars do not exist any more.
Unfortunately Google slightly changed the IDs of all calendars and events about two days ago. Since then the following happened to users who synced via email/password or AuthSub. It didn’t happen to users syncing via "Android" or "OAuth2":
CalenGoo downloaded the current calendar list. All calendars had IDs that it didn’t know. That meant all calendars were new and all calendars it had seemed to have been deleted. So it erased its existing calendars from its own database and downloaded everything from Google again. This is probably not a problem for most users but for those users who had custom settings assigned to their calendars (i.e. not events) (e.g. custom colors, reminders or icons) these settings were reverted to the defaults that were downloaded from Google Calendar.
So some calendar settings may have been lost by Google’s sudden change of all IDs. However this problem is fixed now, CalenGoo can now understand the slight change of the IDs and knows that they are the same.
Further changes are:
- Added an optional dark theme for the "new design" of the detail view and the edit view. It can be used by setting "Settings", "Display and Use", "General", "Style" to "Dark" and turning "New design" on under "Settings", "Display and Use", "Detail view" and "Edit view".
- Bug fixes
This update fixes several bugs and shows the initial sync progress when adding an Evernote account in the status bar.
Fixed two bugs that caused crashes under certain circumstances.
- Support for Android Wear, e.g. an Android Wear app to create events and tasks.
- Evernote accounts can be added and notes can be linked to events.
- Evernote reminders are displayed in the calendar views.
- Optional new design for the edit view ("Settings", "Display and Use", "Edit view", "New design")
- Time bars mode for the month view.
- Improved creation of events by voice (via the "CalenGoo Voice 1x1" widget).
- Bug fixes